City Administration Fellow Robert Carrera has related the following about special stakeholder forums at this month's GPAC meeting:
General Plan Housing and Economic Development Stakeholder Forums
The August 24, 2017 meeting of the Gilroy 2040 General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) will present stakeholder forums on the two hottest topics that will influence Gilroy’s future; housing and economic development. The forums will allow GPAC members the opportunity to engage with community and industry leaders through panel discussions and Q&A to identify valuable information applicable to the development of Gilroy 2040 General Plan.
On the housing side, issues to be discussed will include local and regional housing demand, affordability and availability, demographic trends related to housing, and what potential solutions Gilroy can incorporate into the General Plan, the land use and development for the city’s future.
The members of the Housing Panel are:
• Jim Heid, President and Founder of Urban Green, Moderator
• Alex Sanchez, Executive Vice President of ROEM Development Corporation.
• Joe Head, President of SummerHill Land.
• Paul Ring, Vice President of Development of The Core Companies.
The economic development forum will address local and regional retail, employment, and tourism trends, as well as techniques to continue to strengthen the Downtown.
The members of the Economic Development Panel are:
• Doug Svensson, President of Applied Development Economics, Moderator.
• John Roush, Paso Robles Downtown Association Board Member
• Robert Earnest, General Manager, Gilroy Premium Outlets, Simon Property Group.
• Rich Truempler, Vice President, Real Estate Development, The Sobrato Organization
• Mark Sanchez, Senior Vice President of Colliers Commercial Real Estate, South County.
The public is welcome to attend the meeting, to be held August 24, 2017 in the Gilroy Police Department Community Room, 7301 Hanna St., at 6:00 p.m.