Measure H was a spectacular success with 11,972 votes in the final tally. Thanks to you and the many contributors and volunteers, this historic result is the culmination of a multi-decade effort to conserve open space and farm land and encourage compact development of Gilroy. It is also the beginning of a new phase that will have many of the same challenges and also new opportunities to be involved and to make a difference in the city.
Gilroy Growing Smarter is therefore reinventing itself by encouraging you to participate directly in this process in the months ahead by committing to occasional meetings and sharing in this important work. Some of the activities we plan are:
- Attending Planning Commission meetings, speaking for GGS and reporting on the issues
- Attending City Council meetings, speaking for GGS and reporting on the issues
- Attending Coffees with Mayor Velasco, speaking for GGS and reporting on the issues
- Writing newsletters based on the above issues, research and discussion about opportunities to act
- Maintaining an informative website where the Gilroy public can learn about issues and opportunities
- Watching, learning and reporting on development of High Speed Rail plans
- Watching, learning and reporting on Downtown revitalization and development plans
- Protect our new Urban Growth Boundary against any challenges that may happen
We invite you to come to our “Reinvent Gilroy Growing Smarter” meeting (tentatively on January 17th at 7:00 PM) to get directly involved in Gilroy for the new year. This will be an organizing and planning meeting. You will have the opportunity to sign up for a committee or activity. Please contact Sandie Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org or Connie Rogers at email@example.com to get final details for the meeting. We hope to see you there!
The GGS Leadership